The stages of age : performing age in contemporary American culture
|Physical Description:||vi, 224 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Bibliography:||Includes bibliographical references (pages 205-218) and index.|
Ann Arbor :
University of Michigan Press,
|ISBN:||0472109391 (cloth : acid-free paper)|
Table of Contents:
- Acting your age : performance and performativity in an aging society
- Feeling and being young : the Geritol Frolics
- Radicalizing oral history : the Grandparents Living Theatre
- Generations of change : Roots & Branches and Elders Share the Arts
- Re-membering the living past in feminist theory : Suzannne Lacy's Crystal quilt
- The body in depth : Kazuo Ohno's Water lilies
- Screen-deep : the beauty of mortality in Margolis Brown's Vidpires!
- Dolly descending a staircase : stardom, age, and gender in Times Square.