Is China buying the world? /
|Item Description:||"Based on a paper delivered to the board of the US-China Business Council in Washington, DC, on 1 June 2011"--P. ix.|
|Physical Description:||ix, 147 pages ; 22 cm|
|Bibliography:||Includes bibliographical references (pages 144-147).|
Cambridge, UK ; Malden, Mass. :
Table of Contents:
- Globalization and industrial concentration
- Evidence from automobiles and beverages
- Globalization and 'going out' by global firms
- China catches up
- China is still far from 'catching up'
- China's deepening relationship with developing countries
- Oil companies and energy security
- Multinational companies 'going in' to China
- Chinese firms 'going out' of China into the high income economies : 'I have you within me but you do not have me within you'
- Constraints on China 'buying the world'
- Commercial aircraft.