The future of the safety net : social insurance and employee benefits
|Series:||Industrial Relations Research Association series.
|Physical Description:||iii, 268 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.|
|Bibliography:||Includes bibliographical references.|
Champaign, Ill. :
Industrial Relations Research Association,
Table of Contents:
- Introduction and overview / Sheldon Friedman and David C. Jacobs
- Programs without alternative : public pensions in the OECD / Christian Weller
- Diverting the old-age crisis : international projection of living standards / Dean Baker
- Social security : a true family value / Valerie Rawlston and William Spriggs
- Issues in social security reform / Peter Diamond
- State of private pensions / Dallas L. Salisbury
- Rising expectations : women, retirement security, and private pensions / Teresa Ghilarducci
- Prospects for national health insurance in the United States / David C. Jacobs
- Medicare : past, present, and future / Edith Rasell
- Contingent workers : health and pension security / Helene J. Jorgensen and Robert E. McGarrah, Jr.
- Benefits for same-sex partners / Nancy J. Sedmak.